How many of us know how profound and sacred menstrual time is? How many of us have grown up with the idea that this blood is dirty, or it is something to be ashamed of, or that it should remain hidden? How many of us know the potency that lies in this time to connect with creativity, nature, deep powers, and messages, ritual?
Menstrual blood is 2 things:
- incredibly powerful
- deeply sacred
Most of us, those in women’s and men’s bodies, have the belief that menstrual blood is dirty in some way. At best, menstrual bleeding is regarded as a cleansing. So what is the truth? This blood is particularly full of nutrients and minerals, it was going to house and feed the formation of a human life, and it has incredibly potent energy! There is nothing more powerful or sacred!
During the Blood Mysteries talk, Taki’h covers:
- why this is important for those in women’s and men’s bodies, and for the collective;
- the potency of menstrual blood, physically and energetically;
- the energy of a woman just before and during her bleeding time;
- red tents and their original purpose;
- tampons, pads and “mooncups”;
- making love just before and during bleeding;
- how the new moon is related to bleeding time;
- menstrual blood and sacred reciprocity with nature;
- menstrual blood and creativity;
- menstrual blood and ritual.
It is clear that it is time for menstrual blood to be de-stigmatized and normalized globally, by those in female and male bodies. After all, menstrual blood was going to support a human life to develop, what could be more potent and sacred then that?
We are currently at a crossroad in the history of humanity as we know it. Like it or not we are facing our collective shadows and whatever is not in alignment with love. The shame and secrecy around menstrual blood is an archaic remnant of patriarchal and religious disconnection from the sacredness of matter, of our bodies, of the feminine, of life. At this point, 2020, we stand more to lose by allowing this mentality and its consequences to persist then to stand for what is right, stand for the sacred, and let this relic of a decaying civilization go for good.
Half of the population of the planet bleeds for a substantial amount of their life, and we all owe it to menstrual blood for being here in a human body.